*2 Year Warranty
*No additional parts necessary
- 8 Day Regula Movement- You only have to rewind it 1x per week
- Cuckoo on 1/2 hr & hr.-Most 8 Day cuckoo clocks only cuckoo on the hour
- Wood Dial-100% authentic
- Features Fox & Berries
- ExquisitelyHand-carved- It is really exquisite detail work and the most traditional Black Forest style possible
- Hand painted cuckoo- Finishes with a traditional touch giving the epitome of the Black Forest tradition
- Cuckoo bird will appear AND nod on the hour and half hour
- It allows turning the hands left and right without endangering the mechanics of the movement
- Movement: Regula - The cuckoo clock has a mechanical REGULA movement from the marketleader SBS-FEINTECHNIK in the Black Forest/Germany.
- Night shut off: Manually - The clock can be silenced manually with a lever.
Height: 35 cm/13.8 inch
Width: 23 cm/9.1 inch
Depth: 16 cm/6.3 inch
Color: Walnut Weight gross: 4 kg/8lbs
Hones Cuckoo Clocks
Hones clocks are a leading brand of traditional Black Forest cuckoo clocks. Located in the Titisee-Neustadt, Hones cuckoo clocks are still handmade and mainly produced by small family-owned firms that work exclusively for Hones. Wood carvings and enclosures are used only from domestic production. Like their famous ancestors, quality is still the utmost important aspect and therefore are never mass produced. Nonetheless, they are still sold and treasured worldwide.
FAQs for this clock
WHAT IS A BLACK FOREST CUCKOO CLOCK?
Black Forest Clocks are authentic cuckoo clocks from the Black Forest in Germany. To be a true Black Forest clock it must have all major parts made in the Black Forest and work mechanically. Therefore, quartz clocks are not Black Forest clocks. All of our clocks, except the quartz clocks, are Black Forest and will be delivered with the Black Forest seal.
WHAT IS A CARVED CUCKOO CLOCK?
A Carved cuckoo clock is a traditional cuckoo clock that features elements of nature from the Black Forest. This is typically leaves with a bird or deer. Some have music and some do not.
WHAT IS A “1 DAY CLOCK” AND “8 DAY CLOCK”?
This is simply how often a cuckoo clock’s weights need to be rewound.
-A 1 Day clock needs to be rewound about every 30 hours and has smaller weights than an 8 day.
-An 8 Day clock needs to be rewound once a week.
WHAT IS REGULA MOVEMENT?
Regula movement is simply the maker of the movements. It is the most common type of movement for cuckoo clocks.
HOW DO I REWIND MY CLOCK?
This is accomplished by simply pulling the chain as it reaches the ground.
WHAT IS NIGHT SHUT OFF AND SHOULD I CONSIDER IT WHEN BUYING MY CUCKOO CLOCK?
Night shut off gives you the ability to silence the music and cuckoo element of your clock. Most clocks are able to be shut off manually and some come with automatic night shutoff. If your clock does not have night shut off, you may want to give special consideration to the location your cuckoo clock will be placed in.